Sweetened-condensed milk is the perfect addition to all kinds of treats and recipes, from pies to fudge to tres leches cake. But in Vietnamese coffee culture, it has a much more important purpose – it's mixed into strong coffee to make delicious, traditional Vietnamese brew.
We created our sweetened-condensed milk Creamers as a way to make this traditional drink even more convenient. But there are dozens more ways to use our all-natural coffee creamer. Here are some of our favorite ways to make sweetened-condensed milk the most versatile treat in your pantry!
What is Sweetened Condensed Milk?
Sweetened-condensed milk is a thick, creamy, and sweet milk that typically comes in a can. (Our Creamers are single-serve packets!) Milk is condensed by removing most of the water content through a heating process. This process also kills any bacteria in milk, which, along with the addition of sugar, helps make the milk shelf-stable for years.
The result is a delicious, shelf-stable creamer with just milk and sugar – no preservatives, no oils, and no artificial flavors. It also happens to taste absolutely delicious in coffee, desserts, or drizzled on your favorite treats. And makes it a great creamer for on-the-go, camping, traveling, or just busy days.
Ways to Use Sweetened Condensed Milk
Because it doesn't need to be refrigerated and comes in convenient single-serving packets, our all natural Creamers are insanely versatile. Here are a few of our favorite tips and ways to use your Classic or Mocha Creamer.
- Make a latte or iced coffee: This one might be obvious, but sweetened condensed milk is the perfect way to make a deliciously sweet and creamy latte or iced coffee.
- Spread it on a pastry, toast, or a croissant (especially our Mocha Creamer!)
- Drizzle on oatmeal
- Add to smoothie or Acai bowls
- Jazz up your pancakes, waffles, or french toast
- Dip or top fresh fruit like strawberries, raspberries, kiwis, melon, or blueberries
- Top shaved ice for a sweet and refreshing twist on a traditional treat
- Make one-ingredient caramel by heating it on a stovetop or using this oven method
- Blend with avocado, milk, and ice – sounds odd, but it's a delicious Vietnamese treat that's way tastier than a green juice
- Top stone fruits: Drizzle a bit of sweetened condensed milk on peaches or plums and bake on low heat until they begin to caramelize
- Gift it: Put several pouches of our Creamers in a festive tin for a coffee-loving bestie
- Stash it: Toss one of our Creamer packets in your desk drawer or bag so you can jazz up a basic cup of coffee at the office or even out and about at restaurants, coffee shops, or at school.
- Pack it: Whether you love a delicious camp coffee by the fire, need to jazz up an in-flight brew, or need to upgrade your hotel coffee, toss a couple Creamers in your carry-on.
- Keep it on hand for guests: Even if you don't use creamer yourself, sometimes you have guests who prefer it. You can keep a box of Copper Cow Creamers on hand without worrying about spoilage.
SHOP OUR COFFEE CREAMER